One of the main concerns for older people considering moving into a care home is the potential loss of independence. Blackbrook House Residential Care Home enables the elderly to continue living an independent lifestyle in a safe, secure environment with the peace of mind that 24 hour care is available whenever needed. Some of the ways we help our elderly residents remain independent include:
- Individual, unique bedrooms to give residents special, personal space to use as they please.
- Ensuite bathrooms to all rooms with call bells and specialist seating arrangements if needed
- Staff encourage making choices about care, for example, whether to self medicate.
- Lift, stairlifts and ramps to enable easy movement around the house.
- Path around the house making the garden accessible to all.
- Plenty of meal options throughout the day and choices about trip and activities.
- Regular residents meetings where view about trips, activities, food and more can be put forward.